Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and the Friends of Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge 11th Annual Amateur Photo Contest
Cash Awards for Contest Winners:
1st place: $50
2nd place: $30
3rd place: $20
Photos must be taken on the Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge, Basom, New York, between September 1, 2020 and August 31, 2021. Click here to see a map of the Refuge boundaries.
Photographers may enter only one (1) photo per category:
- Refuge Wildlife – mammals, fish, insects, reptiles, etc. No birds.
- Refuge Birds – all bird species.
- Refuge Habitat/Scenery – depicts a view or views of natural features of a landscape, or an area or environment in which an animal or plant normally lives.
- Young Nature Photographer – young photographers aged 14 years old and younger. Photo subject should be wildlife, birds, or habitat from Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.
NOTE: Photographers over 14 years of age may enter three (3) photos/ Wildlife, Birds, and Habitat.
Photographers 14 years and under may enter four (4) photos/ Young Nature Photographer, Wildlife, Birds, and Habitat.
- Photographers must be non-professional; “professional” defined as anyone who’s livelihood is earned by photo submissions and/or sales.
- All entries must be taken in public areas or during events at Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge between September 1, 2020 and August 31, 2021.
- All entries will be judged as submitted. Both black & white and color photos are eligible.
- A photo cannot be entered into more than one category.
- No personal information/watermark is permitted on an image.
- Electronic submissions ONLY. All entries are to be submitted online on the Friends of Iroquois photo contest submission web page.
- Digital manipulation of images should be minimal and convey a strong sense of realism.
- All entries must be submitted by August 31, 2021
The photos and prizes will be awarded at the Friends of Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge Annual Meeting in November, 2021
Reproduction Rights and Liabilities
Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge and FINWR reserves the right to use all entries for the purpose of promoting and supporting the national wildlife refuge without compensation to the photographer; however, the copyright will remain with the photographer. Credit and notification will be given to the photographer when possible.
By submitting your entry, you agree to all the contest rules listed above.